To prevent our hands from deteriorating, it is very important to hydrate them frequently. For best results you can use petroleum jelly or olive oil.
The same hands that caress, work, cook and do all kinds of activities may be crying out for some protection and affection. You don’t have to be a fortune teller to figure out what they’re trying to say, you just have to pay a little attention.
The hands, more sensitive than we think.
They are the ones that help us do everything in our personal and work life. So why do we neglect them so much? They are also a good cover letter and not only for that reason we must take care of them, but because they are more sensitive than we think.
For example, in the case of housewives, daily chores end up ruining their hands if they don’t wear gloves to protect themselves from chemicals or permanent contact with water.
With the passage of time, in turn, the hands deteriorate and age, especially if we have never cared for them or applied cream. Wrinkles are not the only sign that we are having a birthday, but also spots or freckles that are gradually appearing.
If your hands feel rough, if your nails do not grow or if your fingerprints are compromised, it is time for you to “get down to business” (pun intended) to reverse the situation.
Dermatitis on the hands, the first symptom.
Dermatitis, according to this research by Mayo Clinic experts, is a general term that describes an irritation of the skin. Likewise, he goes on to explain that it is a common condition that has many causes and comes in many forms.
Research continues to advance, stating that it usually involves dry itchy skin or a red, swollen skin rash. Or it can cause the skin to blister, ooze, crust over, or peel. Examples of this condition are atopic dermatitis (eczema), dandruff, and contact dermatitis.
An advantage, perhaps, is that dermatitis is not contagious, but it can make you uncomfortable and self-conscious. Regular hydration helps control symptoms. Treatment may also include medicated ointments, creams, and shampoos.
What are the most common symptoms of this condition?
How to avoid the signs of mistreatment in the hands?
Protect them from external agents.
Here are some recommendations that could be used to help protect your hands, among which we would like to highlight the most are the following:
- Wear gloves for all household chores, as these helps prevent hands from being irritated and do not allow them to come into contact with water and cleaning products.
- Do not use detergents that contain optical brighteners (those used to whiten clothes).
- Eliminate from your cleaning routine very powerful elements such as bleach, which not only causes irritation, but also burns if you do not protect your hands well when using it.
- When washing your hands, use neutral soaps. It is about choosing those that respect the natural pH of the skin. Also remember not to use very hot water and dry yourself with a cotton towel, without scrubbing too much, just lightly pat them dry. Remember to dry between your fingers!
- Wrap them up when it’s cold in winter, with gloves or mittens. Don’t put them too close to the stove, but don’t forget to keep them warm.
- Always apply a good protection factor to your hands. Much better if it is a sunscreen, to prevent premature aging and blemishes. It also helps us prevent melanoma or skin cancer.
- Avoid too sudden temperature changes, both in winter when going outside without gloves and when using very hot water in the shower or to wash dishes.
Perform beauty and care routines.
- Exfoliate once a week with specific products or natural recipes (oatmeal, sugar, and coffee are excellent options). This way you will eliminate dead cells and you will have smoother and younger skin.
- Apply a moisturizer suitable for your skin type several times a day. Especially in winter.
- Dip your hands in olive oil to regenerate and hydrate the skin. Other options are almond oil or rosehip oil.
- Use petroleum jelly. This versatile element that should not be missing in the home is essential for the health of the skin. Apply a generous amount every night before bed. Put on cotton gloves and let it work until the next day.
- Apply hand masks frequently.
3 spa treatments.
Maybe you dare to do them at home or you prefer to go to a beauty institute. It’s your decision! Of course, try to test them. You will love them.
The treatments that use hot collagen are indicated for people who have very wrinkled skin on their hands, with little elasticity and dry, with little hydration. It provides them with a dose of this nutrient externally and is combined with essences, lotions and oils that provide many benefits.
This study explains that, common skin changes that appear gradually as you age include age spots, freckles, discolored spots, wrinkles, yellowing, roughness, extreme dryness and hardness.
Likewise, the study suggests that you can also prevent or reduce other changes by practicing good sun protection habits and quitting smoking if you smoke, but also adding a supervised treatment that includes collagen.
The wine therapy is used for many purposes, and one of them is to improve the appearance of hands. You get all the benefits of this drink, but used topically. Perfect for regenerating, hydrating and protecting the skin. It is complemented with exfoliation and moisturizing.
This treatment is suitable for very dry, cracked, scaly and battered skin. Their hands are placed in a container with a thick substance that is then dried. Leave a few minutes, remove with warm water and then apply a moisturizing cream.